- Most governments in history did not allow regular citizens to have any power or rights.
- In any non-democratic government, the people cannot vote.
- Imperial Dynasties, like Ancient China
- Hammurabi's Babylonia
- European Kingdoms
- Modern day North Korea
- Modern day Saudi Arabia
- Democracy allows citizens to have power and rights.
- In a Democracy, people can vote.
- Democracies have procedures that allow for governments to change without violence.
- Democracies aren't perfect. Democracies rely on the actions of citizens.
- South Africa
- Ancient Greece